Sunday, June 23, 2013

Restaurant Review: Mulberry

I am in Austin, TX for a quick work trip (sans car). Girl has got to eat, so I did some quick research to see what was in walking distance from my hotel, the W Austin, located downtown. I found Mulberry on top of a few "best brunch in Austin" lists, so I decided to check it out. I think it is important to note that I was dining lonesies, so I appreciate a bar type seating area, which Mulberry had. This not only minimized the awkwardness, but also provided for extremely quick and attentive service, which is always appreciated. They did have a nice set up outside, but oh my lord it was close to 100 degrees. Only true Texans would choose to eat outside in that kind of heat. Anyways, the food. I ordered the Poached Eggs with spicy calabrese salami on toast and hollandaise on the side. I also opted for a $3 mimosa, which by quick glance seemed to be the fan favorite.

The mimosa was perfect - fresh squeezed OJ and heavy on the champagne. Can't really ask for more than that. And $3!? Yes please. The eggs were pretty good. Honestly, this dish was nothing new. Just good eggs, with good salami, and good toast. I probably should have ordered a side or something, because I definitely wasn't full, but I got all thrown off by not having anyone to share with me so I didn't really think about it when initially ordering.

Moral of the story is that I was satisfied, but not full, soooo... I went to get some fro yo down the street afterwards! Problem solved.


No comments:

Post a Comment