Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Restaurant Review: Forcella Part II

So I returned to Forcella Park Ave quicker than I thought (opportunity arose), and booked it on Savored.com. I went with one other person and tried a few new things. We ordered Arancini Ai 4 Formaggi, Amalfi salad, and Fuorigrotta Signature Pizza.

The Arancini appy is fried rice balls made with four cheeses and served with truffle aioli. It came with 4 decent sized balls, but I don't think they were anything special. It was crispy on the outside and creamy from the cheeses on the inside, and served on top of a small salad with a dollop of the truffle aioli in the middle. I ate them of course, but I did not like the aioli (it just tasted like straight up mayo), and I just typically do not gravitate toward deep fried foods (this was my friend's pick).



The Amalfi salad caused a bit of a mixup between the waiter and the runner. The salad is made with arugula, gorgonzola, radicchio, walnuts, pear, and honey, however we asked to sub the gorgonzola for goat cheese (obvs). Now I know I mentioned last time that we had great service, and they were still friendly and nice this time, but they messed up this salad 2 times. First the runner brought out the wrong salad entirely. I saw the ingredients looked like a different salad I saw on the menu, so I said I am pretty sure this is not what we ordered. The waiter came back and said yes you are right, and took it away. Then the runner came back with the Amalfi salad, however it definitely was with the gorgonzola cheese rather than goat, and we noticed right away. The waiter came back and said yes you should have had goat cheese, sorry, and brought out a new one. When we finally dug in, we really liked it. It was a nice blend of greens, salty cheese and walnuts, and sweet honey and pears.


Lastly came the Fuorigrotta pizza which was made with burrata, lemon, arugula, and pecorino.
I really liked this one. The lemon was sliced extremely thin and layered on top of the fresh arugula, the creamy burrata, and the sprinkled pecorino. The crust, as I mentioned last time, was delicious. Crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside - can't beat that combo.



We did not order dessert and sadly they did not randomly bring out complimentary Angioletti Alla Nutella again. Oh well! Still had a great, easy meal at a reasonable price (especially after the Savored 20% discount). Still recommended!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that most rice balls have meat in them - I was excited!

    -Your friend

    ReplyDelete