Saturday, June 22, 2013

Restaurant Review: Forcella

I went to Forcella on Park Ave (at 27th st) with 2 of my dearest friends. I have to say that we a really great experience. The restaurant has a nice, updated ambiance, and they had the entire front entrance open, letting fresh air come in. We sat downstairs, and I noticed there was an upstairs section too, but I am not sure how big it is. We had very attentive waiters and everyone was extremely friendly. Very pleased with the service.

So, we decided to order a few things and split it: Insalata di Spinaci e Fragole, the Salame Piccante Classic Pizza, and the Decumani Signature Pizza.

The salad came out first. On top of a bed of baby spinach was fresh strawberries, poppy seeds, and  toasted almonds. We asked for the strawberry dressing on the side, but it actually came dressed. The only "slip" of the night. However, it was dressed well so I have no complaints. I thought it was a tasty, refreshing summer salad and a great starter.

Then our pizzas came out at the same time. The Salame Piccante was made with tomato sauce, homemade mozz, spicy salami, parm, and fresh basil. I thought it was very good with fresh ingredients and a good crust. The Decumani was made with Bufala mozz, truffle oil, arugula, and shaved pecorino. This one was cheesy with just the right amount of truffle, and then topped with arugula for some fresh added crunch. They were both thin crust and personal size, so I'm glad we ordered two.

We declined dessert, but then the waitress came back with Angioletti Alla Nutella on the house! Pretty random, but hey I'll take it. This dish was fried strips of pizza dough with Nutella drizzled on top, powdered sugar, and a few strawberries as garnish. We all enjoyed this sweet surprise.

The entire dinner only cost $20 per person, so it was very reasonable. And, my friend just pointed out that it is on Savored.com (saves you up to 30% on the entire bill), so I will be using that to book a res when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment