Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Restaurant Review: Cafe El Presidente

A new Mexican restaurant, Cafe El Presidente, opened around the corner from my office and they were nice enough to invite some of our employees to special opening/tasting. Really smart idea if you ask me because my coworkers are always looking for a great after work spot. There was not an overwhelming turnout, which was fine because it was not overcrowded or too loud. The place is a huge open space that has "stations" for everything.


When you first walked in there was a drink station serving yummy sangria, margaritas, and another watermelon drink. Separately, they set up mini cups of grilled corn with some kind of aioli that was delicious (I had 2) and set out baskets of housemade chips with guac that was amazing.

Grilled corn with aioli
Housemade chips and guacamole
There was also a taco station where they were serving tacos made to order (which caused a bit of a back up) with a wide variety to choose from. A unique touch is that they make the tortillas right there in front of you at the "tortilla station" with a big machine exposing the process to the restaurant. The displayed machinery went with the warehouse feel of the decor.



To be honest, I didn't love my 2 tacos - grilled fish (it was too fishy) and pork (not enough flavor), but my coworkers seemed to enjoy theirs including steak, crispy fish, and chicken.

Pork taco
Grilled fish taco
Steak taco
Left: Chicken taco
Right: Crispy fish taco
I am definitely interested to come back and get more corn and chips and try some of the other menu items. I will be keeping this place in mind for after work drinks or even a group dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment