Saturday, April 27, 2013

SeaPort 2013: Day 1 - NYC/Seattle

Jeremy and I set off for our trip to Seattle and Portland, which I nicknamed SeaPort 2013. However, Day 1 was not the best travel day. I had reserved a car through NY State Limo and the driver TEXTED me to say they won't be able to make the pick up due to traffic. I proceeded to have a text fight with some random employee because they refused to answer my calls or call me back to explain the situation as a professional would do. We took a cab (and received an hour long tour of Queens to avoid said traffic), so it ended up fine. But SERIOUSLY NY State Limo? I am not done with you yet.





Anyhoos, we arrived in Seattle approximately 8 hours later and made our way to the hotel. I thought I was genius by using some random Hilton points I had that were going to expire very soon to book one night at the Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center right by SeaTac. We arrived via complimentary shuttle and headed over to the front desk to check in. Wouldn't ya know, it appears they do not have any rooms left! Interesting you say, since I booked this room about 6 months ago and received the pretty confirmation email 2 days ago expressing your excitement for my visit! [insert obvious Seinfeld reservation quote here]. But wait, actually, it turns out they CAN accommodate us! Giant caveat- we get a pull out bed! Don't worry, it's a queen so should be all good, right? Wrong. I am pretty peeved that this worldwide hotel chain cannot properly accommodate the guests they are expecting and while I can understand things happen, a heads up would have been nice and I could have stayed elsewhere. So, free Internet, half my points credited back, and 2 free breakfast vouchers later, we survived. Weirdest hotel room ever by the way, but hey, this is only the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment